Voice Alert System - 6 FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I make a different recording for every transmitter?
Yes. If you put one in your garage and one in your backyard, the recording for the garage transmitter could be something like, "There's someone in the garage." and the back yard could say, "There's someone in the backyard." This is how you would be notified if someone trespassed into those areas.
- Is the Sensor/Transmitter waterproof?
The Sensor/Transmitters can be used indoors and outside. They are designed to withstand weather including rain and snow but are not designed to be submerged in water. When installed outside the Sensor/Transmitters do best when in a covered area and not in direct sunlight.
- How does the Sensor/Transmitter work?
The Sensor/Transmitter is a passive infrared receiver (PIR). It detects movement by the change it causes in background temperature and then transmits a radio signal to the Receiver/Speaker that movement has been detected.
- How far will the Sensor/Transmitter send a signal to the Receiver/Speaker?
The Sensor/Transmitters will transmit a signal in an open area up to 1000 feet to the Receiver/Speaker. Through walls the Sensor/Transmitters will transmit a signal to the Receiver/Speaker up to 300 feet.
- Will tree branches trigger a false signal?
It is possible for branches to cause a false trigger. The best location to install the Sensor/Transmitter in an area where tree branches and bushes will not be blown by a wind in the detection zone of the Sensor/Transmitters.
- Will birds or dogs or cats trigger a false signal?
The Sensor/Transmitters are designed to ignore small animals under 40 Lbs. To reduce the possibility for a false trigger caused by movement of a small animal it is recommended that the Sensor/Transmitters be mounted at a height of 7 1/2 feet above the ground. The lower the Sensor/Transmitters are mounted the higher the chance of picking up a small animal.
- How often will the Sensor/Transmitter send a signal?
The Sensor/Transmitter has two modes for sensing movement and sending a signal. The (setup) mode that is set at the factory identifies all movement and transmits each detected movement to the Receiver/Speaker. The battery saver mode will detect movement every 3 minutes and then transmit to the Receiver/Speaker. Removing the jumper in the Sensor/Transmitter will setup this mode.
- Will the system work through walls of my home?
The system is designed to function through the interior walls of a home and exterior walls of a home. The Sensor/Transmitters have difficulty transmitting a signal through aluminum siding or metal surfaces and are best located on a window in that situation.
- How many Sensor/Transmitters will the system recognize?
There is no limit to the number of Sensor/Transmitters that can be installed with a system. There are 3 voice messages that are available for the Sensor/Transmitters to activate.
- How long will the Receiver/Speaker work off the battery?
The Receiver/Speaker is designed to function as a power back up in the event of a power outage. The Receiver/Speaker battery will function for up to 2 hours depending on the amount of speaker activity.
- Can a Sensor/Transmitter be recognized by more than one Receiver/Speaker?
The Sensor/Transmitter can be set to activate an unlimited number of Receiver/Speakers.
- Will the Sensor/Transmitter recognize a small child?
The Sensor/Transmitter is intended to identify children of about 40 Lbs or larger when the Sensor/Transmitter is installed at a height of 7 1/2 feet above the ground. If it is desired to identify smaller children then the Sensor/Transmitter will need to be installed lower to the ground. When animals are present they may create a false trigger.
- Will the Sensor/Transmitter work in the dark?
Yes, the Sensor/Transmitter will work in the dark or in full light.
- How long will the battery last in the Sensor/Transmitter?
The battery in the Sensor/Transmitter can last up to 1 year depending on if the Sensor/Transmitter is set to battery saver mode. Temperature can also affect the life of any battery. Operating a battery at cold temperature will reduce its life.
- How large of an area do the Sensor/Transmitters monitor?
The Sensor/Transmitters are designed to monitor a 40-foot by 40-foot area when they are installed at 7 1/2 feet above the ground and there are no obstructions.
- Where can I get additional Sensor/Transmitters?
Additional Sensor/Transmitters are available on this web site.
- Records six separate user recorded voice messages, ~6.5 seconds each.
- Supports 6 Sensor/Transmitters.
- Volume Control knob allows you to set the message volume to suit your needs.
- Message playback buttons allow you to test each recorded message.
- Digital recording chip allows you to change voice messages easily.
- Missed message indicator, alerts you of activity that occurred in your absence.
- 9V alkaline battery backup in the event of power outage.
- Solid-state construction.
- Powerful 433.92 MHz receiver.
- Magnetically shielded speaker.
- FCC Part 15 approved.
- Receiver Stability: Crystal
- Receiver sensitivity: -100dBm
- Monitored range: 40 X 40 feet when installed at 7 1/2 feet above the ground.
- Passive infrared (heat) motion detection technology
- Installation kit includes double stick mounting tape and screws
- Lightweight all-weather construction for use indoors or outside.
- 9V alkaline battery lasts up to 1 year.
- Transmits up to 1000 feet to Receiver/Speaker in open space and up to 300 feet through walls.
- LED transmit display when motion is detected (on/off jumper selectable).
- Powerful 433.92 MHz transmitter
- FCC Part 15 approved.
Quick Start Guide
- Unpack your VOICE ALERT™ and identify all of the components.
- Install the 9V batteries (supplied) in the Receiver/Speaker and the Sensor/Transmitters
- Attach the AC/DC power converter to the Receiver/Speaker and wall receptacle
- Turn on the Receiver/Speaker by pressing the "POWER" button on the front of the Receiver/Speaker (red front panel LED will turn on)
- Record voice messages
- On the back of the Receiver/Speaker slide the switch to "RECORD VOICE" position.
- Press a desired message button #1 or #2 or #3, etc.
- While holding the message button speak into the "MIC" (6.5 seconds maximum)
- Rear panel LED will light while recording
- Return the slide switch to "Run" position
- Repeat steps A-C for each message button
- Install Sensor/Transmitter #1 in location and trigger message #1
- Install Sensor/Transmitter#2 in location and trigger message #2
- Press "PLAYBACK" on front of Receiver/Speaker to hear the message and stop LED from flashing.
- Adjust the "VOLUME" knob on the front of the Receiver/Speaker to desired volume level.
- For your convenience the Sensor/Transmitters have been pre-programmed at the factory.
- Sensor/Transmitters have the largest detection pattern (40 feet X 40 feet) when installed at 71/2 feet above floor. Lower installation will detect smaller persons or animals or objects and Sensor/Transmitters will have a shorter detection pattern.
- Make sure there are no obstructions or moving objects (tree limbs etc) in desired detection pattern.
- Sensor/Transmitters should not be installed where they will face direct sunlight or oncoming automobile headlights. (indirect light through a window will not cause a trigger)
- Avoid installing Sensor/Transmitters on metal surfaces such as aluminum siding or metal doors.
- Do not drop any of the VOICE ALERT components as doing so may damage them